There is a multitude of ways in Venango County to help get your big idea from concept to production. 

Space Ready To House Your Business

The Franklin Industrial and Commercial Development Authority is the owner and operator of the Venango Area Industrial Complex (VAIC) and the Emerging Technology Center (ETC). Along with the responsibility of ownership, operation, and maintenance of the VAIC, FICDA is also an industrial and commercial incubator. The incubator promotes economic development and assists in the manufacturing and commercial activity in the Franklin area.

Tourism and heritage development work hand-in-hand to stimulate the economy of the Oil Region. Therefore, the Oil Region Alliance provides opportunities for job creation as it enhances the quality of life in the place that accelerated history into the future. For a glance at how the Oil Region Alliance has assisted prospective job creators, check out these stories.

Create A Space

For anyone wishing to construct a new building/facility or expand an existing structure, The Venango County Regional Planning Commission stands ready to get your project moving forward, with stormwater management and subdivisions and land developments services.

To get started, contact Ashley Smith, Land Use Planner, by phone, at (814) 432-9689, email, or stop by or write The Venango County Regional Planning Commission office, in the Venango County Courthouse, at 1168 Liberty St., PO Box 831, Franklin, Pa., 16323.

Construction of a new facility or an expansion of an existing structure is considered a land development under the Venango County Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance. A land development plan must be prepared and sealed by a certified engineer. Land development permitting is a separate process from stormwater permitting, since land development approval is issued by the Planning Commission Board (due to being a countywide ordinance) and stormwater permitting is a local municipal ordinance. Anyone planning to add an amount of less than 5,000 square feet of new impervious surface area will only be required to submit a small project application. For projects adding more than 5,000 square feet of new surface area to a lot, the project requires an engineered stormwater management plan.